Simply put, mindfulness is moment-to-moment non-judgemental awareness
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
Have you ever arrived from from work, or at the supermarket, a friends house, not really realizing how we you there? And how many times did we overreacted to a comment somebody made without actually knowing why?
This is your automatic pilot in full mode. The autopilot allows you to live your live without overthinking each step you take and prompts (internal) reactions you feel you can not control.
As much as the autopilot is super usefull, it can also get in your way. The autopilot can get you into a reactive state, you no longer recognize what is best for you in a particular situation. Instead you are only reacting without thinking what is actually best in that particular situation.
In those reactive states, Mindfulness can show you the alternatives by creating space between what happended and your response. In this space you become aware of your body sensations, thoughts & emotions, and from there you can choose a response.
Mindfulness is a skill and can be trained & strengthned by practicing meditation and intergration in daily life.
Are you ready to take back the control of your life through Mindfulness so you have:
- Better awareness of the present moment
- Insight into your own thought patterns, reactions, actions, emotions and moods
- A choice to deal with situations and stress differently
- The ability to take some distance from struggles you have
- Concentrate (more focus and less distracted)
- Understanding your boundaries better
- Become more compassionate towards yourself and others
- Better sleep